New conditions of entry have been added in red type below.
The First Aid Centre is located to the east of the Grand Central Building at the entrance to the Main Arena.
Conditions of Entry
The DDVVMC reserves the right to evict anyone for any reason, especially failure to follow the conditions listed below:
- DDVVMC Inc. accepts no liability for acts of negligence on a site holder’s swap site. It is the responsibility of swap site holders to arrange their own public liability insurance cover.
- Alcohol. Police on duty during the swap meet can prosecute site holders who drink alcohol on their sites during trading hours. The Show Society operates a number of bars and alcohol can only be consumed legally within the confines of these areas. In the evenings, however, a swap camp site is deemed to be a person's residence and a site holder is able to drink once the site has closed to the public.
- One vehicle per site. All vehicles must be parked within the boundary of your individual swap site. Vehicles left in roadways, pathways or in any place that restricts access will be removed from the grounds at the owner's expense.
- Test-driving of any vehicle on the grounds is forbidden. Only only authorised vehicles are permitted to be operated at the swap meet.
- Operation of drones (unmanned aerial vehicles) is strictly prohibited at the swap meet.
- Generators are not to be used after 10:00pm or before 6:00am.
- Generators must be 2 kVA or smaller and fitted with an adequate silencer.
- Electric leads cannot be run across walkways or roadways.
- Rebooking of sites must be completed by the original site holder only. DDVVMC reserves the right to refuse the rebooking of sites, or to limit the number of sites rebooked. (A site cancellation automatically loses the right to reserve or book the site for the following annual swap meet.)
- When leaving, sites must be left in a tidy condition or a further booking will be cancelled.
- All catering rights are reserved by the DDVVMC. No siteholders are to sell food or drinks.
- Dogs are not allowed inside the showgrounds complex.
- Open fires are not permitted at the Swap.
- Siteholders are responsible for ensuring that there are no health or safety risks within their swap site.
- All signs, shelving, tables, pegs, ropes, canopies etc, shall be confined within the site.
- Siteholders must secure all items on their site, and structures erected thereon, against wind and storm conditions.
Instructions from Swap Personnel should be followed in a safe and timely matter. Refusal to follow instructions will mean police involvement.